Right now is a high season for robust and meaty tomatoes and the ones which are currently lying on my countertop persuaded me to make a tomato cream soup. Even though I usually use peeled tomatoes from a tin and a tomato sauce, the soup turns out absolutely luscious but if you want, you can substitute peeled tomatoes from a tin with the real ones😍
INGREDIENTS (2 servings):
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 sour apple
- 1 carrot
- 1 tin of peeled tomatoes
- 250ml tomato puree (passata)
- 500ml broth (it depends what consistency you want to get)
- salt, pepper
- cream/greek yoghurt/basil
- Melt butter in a pot and add some olive oil. Add chopped vegetables: an onion, a carrot and a pepper. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Simmer the vegetables until they’re soft (15 minutes) and stir from time to time.
- Add peeled tomatoes, tomato puree and broth. Bring to a boil and then cook for cca. 15 minutes.
- The last ingredient, which is however indeed important, is the sour apple. After adding it, cook the „soup“ for 5-10 minutes.
- Blend it and serve with a spoon of cream/greek yoghurt, flavour with pepper and decorate with a fresh basil leaf.
This soup is really healthy and rich in beta-carotene. Enjoy it!☺️