I must admit I’m not really fond of bananas unless they’re ripe. The flavour is much more intense and they’re so sweet then. However I’ve heard that the green ones have lower glycemic index, so they’re healthier. Well, I’ll try to find out more and then share with you the information in another post about glycemic index😉
Anyway, when I have some ripe bananas at home, I usually make a banana milkshake but this time I wanted to experiment and I gave a banana bread a go.
It turned out delicious and I still can’t believe that it contains NO SUGAR or FLOUR… Amazing!😍 Below the recipe is a short video tutorial in which I show you what to do step by step.
- 300 g rolled oats
- 75 ml yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas
- 5 dates
- 50g walnuts
- baking powder
- Combine yoghurt and eggs, then add rolled oats and peeled banana slices. Mix again.
- Meanwhile, chop the walnuts and add them together with the cut dates to the batter.
- Add cinnamon and baking powder. The batter is done!
- Grease a cake tin and pour the batter into it.
- Bake the cake until golden brown for about 40 minutes in the oven preheated to 160°C.
- After baking let it cool down for at least 15 minutes.