For the reason that Valentine’s Day is getting closer, I decided to share with you a recipe for my favourite dessert – chocolate lava cake. Small round cake with crispy ends but soft and liquidy inside… simply heavenly delicious.
Many people think it’s too difficult to prepare a fondant (another name for the lava cake) at home on your own. Sincerely speaking, I’m just a passionate amateur but I’m quite happy with how my fondant turns out, so I’m sure that with a strike of luck you will manage. Furthermore, if you make it with love, I believe your beloved one will appreciate it😉
INGREDIENTS (3 bigger ones/ 4 regular ones):
- 100g chocolate (as always I use a dark chocolate)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 50g butter
- serve with: powdered sugar, fresh fruits, cream or a scoop of your favourite ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Butter the ramekins and sprinkle them with breadcrumbs (this step is necessary particularly if you want to serve fondants without the ramekins).
- Chop the chocolate* and melt it with butter by using a water bath. You should achieve a completely smooth consistency.
- Add sugar to whole eggs. Then add flour and then the melted chocolate. Stir gently after bringing in each new ingredient.
- Split the batter into 3-4 ramekins (3/4 of one ramekin should be filled with the batter) and bake it in the oven for 8-12 minutes (It’s really hard to say how much time it will take for your fondant to bake – it depends on many factors such as the oven, size of the ramekin etc., however I advise not to open the oven before 8-9 mintues of baking. The cake should appear to have crispy ends but when touched in the center it should feel soft.).
- You can serve the fondant in the ramekin or turn it over onto a plate by touching carefully the sides of the fondant with a knife.
Chocolate fondant is blissfully delicious itself but with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and cream it’s absolutely irresistible😍
*I highly recommend buying an expensive chocolate– the higher quality the better and more intensive flavour will your fondant have (I really like Lindt).
I’m preparing a special Valentine’s Day recipe for you, so stay tuned😘