Wishy-washy, too stodgy, tasteless… yes, I’ve never had a perfect hot chocolate in any café I’ve been to. After ordering a cup of hot chocolate I always left disappointed and this inspired me to try making it at home.
I read many recipes and finally got down to work. And? Easy, quick and heavenly delicious! This is my recipe which I find very useful especially now during cold winter days ❄
INGREDIENTS (3 servings):
- 250ml milk
- 5 tbsp sour cream 30%
- 100g dark chocolate (I use 70% cocoa chocolate, but milk chocolate is fine of course)
- 2 tbsp sugar (optional – I rarely add sugar – I love my dark hot chocolate the way it is and if you use milk chocolate I think sugar is unnecessary)
- ½ tsp chilli powder/cinammon (optional)
- Pour milk and the sour cream to a pot (+add sugar/chilli/cinnamon). Cook for a while (or until the sugar melts).
- Chop your chocolate and pop it into the pot. Stir until the chocolate melts and then simmer for 2-3 minutes until the batter gets a smooth consistency.
I serve it in medium-sized cups with cream (I believe it must taste great if you serve it also with a scoop of vanilla ice cream). Enjoy!😘