I’m not sure whether I can call them doughnuts but what I’m sure about is that they’re heavenly delicious. Doughnuts are usually perceived as an unhealthy snack, however I have some good new for you! You don’t need to fry the „apple rings“ in liters of oil and you can adjust the amount of sugar to your own preferences.
A smell of apples, cinnamon and a cup of hot tea is an inseparable part of autumn, so if you don’t have any plans for the weekend, give this recipe a go!
INGREDIENTS (8 donuts):
- 180ml milk
- 70g flour
- 30g butter
- 1 egg yolk and egg white (beated)
- 2 apples
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- a pinch of baking powder
- Mix milk, melted butter and egg yolk.
- In another bowl, mix flour and baking powder, then add to the previous ingredients.
- Beat the egg white with vanilla sugar.
- Peel and core the apples, then slice them into medium thick „rings“.
- Put the apple rings in a pan (I have a special doughnout pan by Zenker) and pour the prepared dough over.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 200°C for cca.15-20 minutes.
- They taste blisfully if you sprinkle them with powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar (1/4 cup granulated sugar + 1tsp cinnamon).