Everybody is used to eating granola with dairy products for breakfast but have you ever thought about adding it to cream soups? I’m a carrot soup lover and recently I’ve wanted to try something new, so instead of a tablespoon of yoghurt and a pinch of cinnamon I served my favourite soup with crispy homemade granola and a pinch of chilli powder. The picant version is absolutely delicious, just trust me and give it a go!
INGREDIENTS (2 servings):
for the soup:
- 5-6 carrots
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp orange zest
- broth/water (cca. 2 ladle spoons, it depends on what consistency you want to get)
- chilli powder
- cca. 50g oats (not instant)
- 2 tbsp honey
- Melt butter and fry diced onion.
- Add sliced carrots. Simmer for cca. 10-15 min.
- Add ginger, orange zest and broth. Cook for cca. 15-20 min.
- Meanwhile prepare your granola. Mix oats with honey and place them in a casserole.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and bake your granola mix for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Don’t forget to stir it from time to time, so it won’t cohere.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes, then add it to your blended soup. Sprinkle it with chilli powder and enjoy your meal!😘
*This recipe is my entry for a food contest organized by Lidl. It’s called a Lidl Food Challenge and the task was to prepare a recipe suitable for a Halloween party. I though this one might be a good one as it is simple, delicious and my favorite autumn one!