Racuchy or racuszki are Polish yeast pancakes. They’re very fluffy and I believe you will love them. I highly recommend serving them as a Sunday breakfast with powdered sugar, jam or fresh fruits!
- 500g flour
- 20g active yeast or 7g yeast-powder
- 1,5 glass of milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp sugar
- a pinch of salt
- oil for frying
- for topping: powdered sugar, jam or fresh fruits
- Dissolve yeast in milk (only if you use active yeast).
- Add the rest of the ingredients: flour, milk, egg, sugar and a pinch of salt. Mix.
- Let the batter sit in a warm place for cca. 1 hour, so it doubles in size.
- Preheat the frying pan and place a spoon of the batter on it. When little bubbles appear on the surface of the “pancake”, the pan is hot enough. Before each pancake, dip the spoon in boiling water. The pancakes should be golden brown on each side.
- Decorate with fresh fruits and the pancakes are ready!😍