Finally Friday today😍 Instead of going to school I stayed at home (how wonderful it is to have such an understanding Mum❤) and enjoyed my lazy morning routine – a walk with Arktis, shopping with my Mum… and of course I thought about sharing something new with you!😉
Not long ago I realised I need to bring in some diversion to my dinner options. I thought that a gratin can be a good idea and indeed it was. I read many recipes and inspired myself on many food blogs, eventually coming up with my own variety. It requires much time for preparation, then it roasts, so it’s not necessary to be in the kitchen (even though I guess it’s essential to bear in mind you bake the gratin).
Here is my recipe, but don’t be afraid to try different ingredients. Actually you can add whatever you want to the gratin and I believe it’ll be still very tasty (for instance, if you’re a vegetarian you can skip ham etc.). Enjoy!
- 10 medium-sized potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1 zucchini
- some grated cheese, some ham
- 1/4 pepper
- salt, pepper, garlic
- FIRST – POTATOE LAYER: Cook potatoes (peeled) for 10-15 minutes. Let them cool a bit and then cut them into thin slices. Use half of the slices as a base and place them in the bottom of casserole.
- SECOND – VEGGIE LAYER: Dice the zucchini and pepper. Add diced ham and grated cheese and mix everything. Put the batter on the potato slices. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic.
- THIRD – POTATOE LAYER: Now place the other half of potatoes on the top. Beat eggs and put the mixture over the slices.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes in 200°C (switch the oven to the grill mode for the last 10 minutes – the gratin will be crispy).