I’ve always loved Ferrero Rocher chocolate balls. These balls are however much healthier as they‘re made from nutrituous ingredients such as dates, nuts and coconut. Furthermore they contain no sugar! I believe they’re a great after-workout snack.
Today I made date balls for the first time and it didn’t take me more than 20 minutes.
INGREDIENTS (20-25 balls):
- 100g dates
- 100g almonds
- 2tbsp cocoa powder (I used 100% cocoa)
- 20g shredded coconut
- 2-3 tbsp orange juice
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Mash up the almonds in a food processor until you get little crumbs.
- Then add all the other ingredients (you can put all at once or you can add everything gradually and blend after adding each ingredient). The batter should have sticky consistency (in case it won’t cohere, add a bit more of orange juice or one tablespoon of honey).
- Form balls (the size is up to you). They’re eadable immediately, but they taste better if they are refrigated for 3-5 hours.