I love vegetables. My statement met with a lot of disbelief and many people doubt that what I say is true. For instance I have no problems with eating brocolli (despite the widespread fact that most children/teenagers hate it), on the contrary, it’s one of my favourite side-dishes,
Fortunately a healthy lifestyle has become more popular recently and the popularity of fruits and vegetables rised.
Preparing a healthy, nutrituous and yummy dinner seems difficult, but don’t worry! I have a proven recipe for zuccini pancakes, which don’t take long to make and will fill you up. I diversified the classical recipes and added ham, garlic and cheese – it’s a really good option.
INGREDIENTS (15 pancakes):
- 1 large/ 2 small zucchinis
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- oil (I use peanut oil, which is my favourite + the pancakes turn out crispy)
- some diced ham
- pepper, salt, garlic
- grated parmesan (for sprinkling the pancakes)
- Mix flour with the egg and add milk gradually.
- Grate zuchinnis using the large grating side of a box grater and put them to the rest of the ingredients.
- Then flavour it with pepper, salt and garlic and add some ham. Mix it well, so all the ingredients blend.
- Preheat a pan. Fry the pancakes for cca. 2 minutes on each side until browned. Serve with grated parmesan.