Helping my mum in the kitchen during weekends is my habit, which I really like. I’m not sure if my presence is always beneficial (my mum burnt a pot on Friday and I somehow feel a bit responsible for that), however I think it’s really fun to prepare meals together. While during the week it’s almost impossible as everybody has a lot of stuff to do, weekends are a great chance to spend as much time together as possible.
Soups are an inseparable part of a polish daily menu, so today I’m sharing a step by step recipe of one of my favourite ones – cauliflower soup! It’s pretty easy, but absolutely delicious simultaneously.
- 1 tbs of butter
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- 1 or 2 carrots
- 1 parsley
- some leek
- cca. 400g of cauliflower flowerets
- 6 glasses of water
- cca. 300g of poultry mince
- 2 bigger potatoes
- pepper, salt, garlic, parsley leaves
- Melt butter and heat a bit of olive oil in quite a big pot.
- Add diced onion and poultry mince and sear them.
- Add sliced carrot, parsley and leek. Pour about six medium-sized glasses of water and let the mix simmer for cca. 10 minutes.
- Rinse your cauliflower flowerets, peel and dice the potatoes.
- Add the flowerets and the potatoes and let the soup steam for cca. 20 – 25 minutes.
- Don’t forget about the salt, pepper and garlic, which you can add at the beginning or at the end.
- Sprinkle your finished soup with parsley leaves.
Enjoy your meal!